Information: Sliema became the summer resort for Valletta people in the middle of the 19th century; at first the small church of Our Lady of Divine Grace was sufficient for the needs of the people resident there, but when the population increased a new church was built in 1854 and dedicated to Our Lady Star of the Sea. Later on the church was enlarged and in 1878 Sliema became a parish. During this Century other parishes were established in Sliema: the Sacro Cuor parish, St. Gregory's parish and The Jesus of Nazareth parish.
Name: Parish Church dedicated to Our Lady Star of the Sea Ddication date: 28 November 1899
Priest: Parish Priest: Rev Joe Bartolo
Office Address: 41, Annunciation Street Sliema SLM 1461 Telephone 2133 4941 Fax 2131 0319
Office Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10.00am - 12.00 4.30 - 6.00pm
Masses: Sundays And Feast Days: 7.00, 9.00; 10.30; 12.00 am; 6.30 pm Saturday Evenings: 6.30, 7.30 pm Weekdays: 7.00, 8.00, 9.30 am; 6.30 pm
Other information on churches under this parish: Church Of Our Lady Of Divine Grace The church was built in the first years of the 19th century and in it are buried the remains of two priests and a layman brought from the church which once existed at Tignč point. The church served the spiritual needs of the few people resident in the area, and every Sunday. A priest from Birkirkara would come down to celebrate mass for them. Today the church is used for marriages and for the exposition of the blessed sacrament on Sundays. Eucharistic Adoration every Sunday from 8.45 a.m. to noon and on first Friday from 8.30am to noon. Priest in charge Parish Priest