Information: Birzebbuga became a parish on the 9th September 1913, and the small church of Our Lady of Sorrows became the parish church; steps were immediately taken in hand to build a larger church which was opened for worship on the 16th June 1938
Name: Parish Church of St Peter in Chains Dedication date 14 May 1977
Priest: Rev Nicholas Pace
Office Address: Curate Fenech Street Birzebbuga BBG 2031 Telephone and Fax 21 65 12 00
Office Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 9.00 - 10.30 am Tuesdays and Thursdays: 5.30 pm - 6.30 pm
Masses: Sundays and Feast Days: 6.00, 7.00, 8.00, 9.00, 11.00 am; 5.30 pm winter; 6.00 pm summer Saturday Evenings: 5.30, 6.30 pm (From July to September: 5.30, 6.30, 7.30 pm) Weekdays: 6.00, 7.00, 7.45, 8.30 am and 6.30 pm
Other information on churches under this parish: Church of Our Lady of Sorrows The church was opened in 1907 and served as parish church till the present church was built; today it is used by various groups. St George's Church The church existed already in 1575; and was re-opened in 1683 and at present it is being used by the priests of the Missionary Society of St Paul. Marriages may be celebrated in the church. Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days: 7.30 am, 9.30 am in English Chapel of the Good Shepherd Priest in charge: Parish Priest Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days: 10.00 am Immaculate Conception Church at Benghisa The Church was built in 1822 and enlarged in 1862. Mass on Sundays and Feast Days is celebrated for the people residing in the area. Marriages may be celebrated in the church. Priest in charge: Rev Joseph Berry Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days: 7.00 am Holy Family Chapel Built in 1865 Chapel of Our Lady Help of Christians The chapel was built in 1833 and is the property of the Cachia Zammit family. St Joseph Chapel The chapel was built in 1871 and is private property.