Information: The church and Capuchin Friary in Marsa were built by Lorenzo Balbi and his wife. Marsa became a parish on the 19th April 1913.
Name: Parish Church of the Holy Trinity Dedication date 17 April 1963
Priest: Parish Priest Rev. Joe Saliba OFM Cap
Office Address: Balbi Street, Marsa MRS 1815 Telephone 21236622 - 21246516 Fax 21234697
Office Hours: Mondays Wednesdays Fridays 8.30 - 10.30 am 5.15 - 06.15 pm Office Hours during Summer Mondays 8.30 – 10.30 am 7.00 – 08.00 pm Fridays 8.30 – 10.30 am 5.15 – 06.15 pm (except First Fridays)
Masses: Sundays and Feast Days: 6.00, 7.00, 8.00, 9.00, 10.00, 11.30 am, 6.00 pm Saturday Evenings: 6.00 pm Weekdays: 6.00, 7.00, 7.45, 8.30 am; 6.00 pm (winter); 6.30 pm (summer)
Other information on churches under this parish: Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus In 1875 the civil authorities planned the building of a new town which was to be called Albert Town in honour of Albert, the Prince Consort of Queen Victoria. The plan did not succeed but a number of families went to live near the church of the Sacred Heart, which had been built for the new town. In 1951 the church was given to the Capuchin friars of Marsa. Priest in charge Rev. Patrick Debattista OFM Cap Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days: 7.30 am Weekdays: 6.30 am Church of the Assumption "ta' Ceppuna" This is an old church which was derelict for a long time; at present the Capuchin friars officiate it. Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days: 12.00 am Church of Our Lady of Divine Grace "ta' Cejlu" The church, known as "ta' Cejlu", was built in 1870 for the benefit of the port workers and the small number of people living in Marsa at that time. Priest in charge Rev Alfred Debono OFM Cap Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days: 7.00 am Saturday Evenings: 5.30 pm (winter); 6.00 pm (summer) Weekdays: 6.30 am; 12.30 pm