Information: Birmiftuh was one of the ten parishes mentioned by Senator De Mello in a document he drew up in 1436; the old parish church of Birmiftuh still exists but not the village. This church is now part of Gudja parish, whose parish church was built in 1656.
Name: Parish Church of the Assumption Dedication date 11 ta' Dicembru 1785
Priest: Archpriest Rev Martin Cardona
Office Address: Parish Office Domus Curialis, 3 Parish Priest Street, Gudja GDJ 1081 Telephone 21696039 Fax 21696039
Office Hours: Tuesdays and Fridays 10.00 am - 12.00 am 5.00 pm - 06.30 pm
Masses: Sundays and Feast Days: 6.30, 8.00, 9.15, 10.30 am; 5.30 pm Saturday Evenings: 6.30 pm Weekdays: 6.30, 7.55, 8.35 am; 6.30 pm winter; 7.00 pm summer
Other information on churches under this parish: St. Mary's Chapel at Birmiftuh A medieval church which was the parish church of the locality; it is open every first Sunday of the month in the morning. This chapel has been given as a "trust" for 150 years to "Din l-Art Helwa" on 1st February 1970. Priest in charge Archpriest Annunciation Church There were three churches dedicated to the Annunciation in Gudja; the first was in the area "Ta' Durbies", the second was in the centre of the village and bishop Alpheran wanted it to be demolished, and another one was built in its place; the third was built in 1754 and today it is used for various meetings. It is open every Sunday in the mornings. Priest in charge Archpriest Church of Our Lady of Loreto The church was already in existence in 1550 according to an inscription near the church. It was rebuilt after the 1676 plague and restored in 1820. During the last war it was hit by bombs, but was reopened in 1943. Today it is open every Sunday morning and marriages may be celebrated in it. Priest in charge Archpriest St. Catherine's Church This is a very old church, but the present one dates from 1661; today it is used only as a store for church furnishings. Priest in charge Archpriest